Novus resin polishing kit - resin polish - make resin shiny
The Novus polishing system allows you to easily polish your resin jewelry and crafts to a soft sheen without the need for expensive equipment. Plus, it's great for resin beginners. This non-toxic resin polish also works great to finish acrylics and plastics.
With this resin polishing kit, you will get:
- one 2-ounce bottle of Novus #1
- one 2-ounce bottle of Novus #2
- one 12-inch square reusable microfiber polishing cloth
Here's how you use this resin polish to give your resin surface a shiny finish:
- If your resin surface is dirty, clean with Novus #1. Otherwise, go to the next step.
- Shake Novus #2 well, then apply liberally to your resin surface. Use the microfiber cloth to polish your resin with firm circular motions. Go across scratches at right angles. Use more pressure over deep scratches.
- Once all the scratches are gone, apply Novus #2 uniformly over your resin surface. Make sure the cloth is saturated at all times. Allow your resin to dry to a light haze.
- Using a clean portion of the polishing cloth, buff the surface to a slippery glaze using firm, short strokes. This makes sure you get the shiniest resin results.
- Using another clean section of cloth, apply Novus #1 to the surface to maintain the gloss and give it a protective coating.
For the best success, all major scratches and blemishes should be sanded from the surface before using the Novus system. Test on an inconspicuous area first if you are concerned about how this resin polishing kit will work for you. (But we can tell you we love it giving an extra shine to clear casting resin projects.)
While these compounds give a soft shine, they will not leave a 'wet to the touch' look.
Watch the Novus polishing system in action:
This resin polishing kit can ship worldwide!
$5.99 delivery or FREE for orders of $75 or more.
Need your order ... like right now? We've got you! Orders placed by 12 PM ET, weekdays, ship the same day. Plus, we have expedited shipping options.
We want you to love your purchase, but in case you're not, we gladly accept returns or exchanges of unused polishing kits within 30 days of receipt.
This stuff saved my resin piece. I couldn’t see the pieces inside. Until I polished it with this Novus polish set, it came to life. So Crystal clear. Absolutely a must have in your resin stash. Thank you so much.
This is fantastic news Debs. Thanks for letting us know!
Very messy and didn’t even do much
Hi Lori, I'm sorry to hear the Novus kit didn't help make your projects shiny, especially if it made a mess. How frustrating! I'll be reaching out to you privately to see what's going on and how we can help you get that glossy finish.
Found the same product at Home Depot for 1099
Hi John, thanks for taking the time to do some price comparisons. The kits we sell are blessed with kitty kisses and a prayer to the resin gods that your projects come out shiny. Pretty sure Home Depot doesn't offer that.
This really helped with polishing up some small pieces I had. I don't know how it will work on a sanded piece, as I have not tried it. I use it whenever something just looks like it needs to be cleaned up, and it does the job. A little seems to go a long way, at least for small pieces.
I am not an avid “polisher” but I do like this product. It worked for me very well, but Would be better to use with a power polisher if you are at all like me and have poor arm strength for polishing and buffing.